History


The Carnegie Community Arts Center, known as the “Grand Dame” of Somerset, Kentucky was once the old Post Office and then the Public Library.  It is now called home by many of the area’s artists.

The beautiful, historic three-story structure built in 1913 is named for the philanthropist, Andrew Carnegie, who provided the first library in Somerset. The building has been renovated to accommodate exhibits, performances, wedding receptions, shops, studios, offices and a French-style market and cafe.